There is nothing more quintessentially American than the burger.
A burger is a lot more than a bun, a meat patty and veggies. It is nostalgia of simpler times and togetherness. Something magic happens with you bring all the ingredients together with a little bit of love and maybe some cheese too. There’s something really special about exploring new places in your city, one bite at a time.
These local favorite spots craft the best of the best burgers in Chattanooga.
- Clyde’s On Main - $$ - Burgers, brunch, or both? This Main Street eaterie offers games and a cool night scene to boot. Try their candied bacon and beer cheese! Burgers are served with local Niedlov’s buns from down the street.
- Dub’s Place – $ - This diner makes perfectly seasoned, old school burgers. They also make amazing shakes and barbecue, and have Abita Rootbeer on tap! The owner/cook gives the best service makes you feel like family. Eat in the back patio area while the weather is nice.
- The FEED Co. Table & Tavern - $$ - This is Tremont’s burger..but with a more sit-down friendly atmosphere. The craft beer on tap is a must!
- Jack Brown’s Beer and Burger Joint – $$ – Come grab a craft beer and enjoy the eclectic atmosphere with your delicious burger at Jack Brown’s!
- Main Street Meats - $$ – It doesn’t get any fresher than grass-fed beef ground in-house from an amazing local butcher on a freshly baked Niedlov’s bun from next door. You can’t go wrong here, no matter what you order! BUT - I’ll suggest starting with the pork rinds.
- Merv’s Restaurant – $ - Watch a sports game, play some pool, and drink some Shiner beer on tap while you wait for your hand-packed burger with fresh fries.
- Slick’s Burgers - $$ - Options, options, options! You can get creative here with a build-it-yourself burger with several meat (and even vegetarian) options. Served on a local Niedlov’s bun!
- Sofa King Juicy Burger - $$ - The burger options here are deliciously bazaar. You HAVE TO experience their liquid nitrogen milkshakes.. they can even make them with a local craft beer.
- Southern Burger Co. - $$ - A little further out, in Ooltewah, but well worth the drive. The burgers are amazing and go perfectly with their drool-worthy bacon jam and Wickle Pickles!
- Terminal BrewHouse - $$ - You can’t go wrong with anything on their extensive menu, but their burgers are consistently some of the best in town. Get a flight of their own freshly brewed beer! Another burger served on the local Neidlov’s bun! There seems to be a trend here..
- Tremont Tavern - $$ - There is a reason that this place is always packed, because it is indisputably Chattanooga’s favorite burger. Tremont’s house-ground meat gives them an edge on the other burgers on this list.
- Universal Joint – $$ - This place is an old gas station converted into a college sports bar. Check out the plethora of craft and local brews and order the tots!
- Urban Stack - $$ - Clyde’s sister restaraunt, it’s no surprise the burgers here are great. Gluten-free options as well! This eatery doubles as a whiskey bar and has an extensive offering of cocktails, draft beers and even offers Girl Scout cookie shakes when they’re in season.